The Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation invests in statewide, multi-county and community-based organizations that are dedicated to building an inclusive, sustainable and vibrant state. The groups that the Foundation supports both work to build healthy, robust communities and engage in education, civic dialogue and advocacy around issues of importance to communities and to North Carolina.
ZSR is dedicated to improving the quality of life for all North Carolinians
August 1, 2013
Fall Grant Cycle (by 6:00 p.m.)
December 3, 2013
Nonprofit Internship (host organization applications)
January 6, 2014
ZSR Summer Internship
Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation is committed to:
- Strengthening and improving public education, such as building the leadership capacity of school principals and the instructional capacity of young teachers;
- Supporting community-based economic development, particularly through asset building, small business development, sustainable agriculture and affordable housing;
- Encouraging environmental sustainability and stewardship, for example through the promotion of energy efficiency, clean energy sources and clean water initiatives;
- Strengthening democracy by assuring that public institutions and processes are effective, transparent, accountable, accessible and inclusive; and
- Promoting racial and gender equity, a fair criminal justice system and the healthy integration of immigrants into our communities.