The Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation realizes how valuable it is to have the involvement of a diverse group of leaders, who have their finger on the pulse of the State, partner with us as we continue to work alongside the people and communities of North Carolina.
In 2012, the Board and staff of the Foundation selected a 15-member class to serve a three-year term as ZSR’s inaugural Community Leadership Council (CLC).
List of CLC Members
- Jay Chaudhuri, General Counsel & Senior Policy Advisor, NC Department of State Treasurer
- Melanie Chernoff, Public Policy Manager, Red Hat, Inc.
- Sandra Diaz
- Charlotte Noel Fox, Attorney, Craige & Fox, PLLC
- Christian Friend, Ph.D., Executive Director, Strategic Planning and Evaluation, Project L.I.F.T
- Nation Hahn, Director of Engagement, New Kind
- Travis Hargett, President, Eastridge Technology
- Tony Hayes, CEO, NC Indian Economic Development Initiative
- Jennifer Jackson, Interim Director, Stone Circles
- Rob Jackson, Community Relations and Communications Liaison, Union County Public Schools
- Tara Kenchen, Chief Operating Officer/General Counsel, NC Community Development Initiative
- Rep. Chuck McGrady, House of Representatives, North Carolina General Assembly
- Callie Moore, Executive Director, Hiwassee River Watershed Coalition, Inc.
- Mary Newsom, Associate Director, Urban and Regional Affairs, UNC Charlotte Urban Institute
- Sarah Nunez, Executive Director, Asheville-Buncombe Community Relations Council
- Joel Olsen, Founder & CEO, O2 Energies, Inc.
- Theresa Pinto, President, Rocky Mount Area Chamber of Commerce
- Mebane Rash, Attorney and Editor of North Carolina Insight, NC Center for Public Policy Research
- Nick Sojka, Attorney, Williamson, Dean, Williamson & Sojka, LLP
- Reginald Speight, Director of Economic Development, Office of Congressman G.K. Butterfield